1. How to clean Edible Bird's Nest
- When removing the feathers and debris from Bird's Nest, do NOT soak in hot water, as hot water will start breaking down the proteins and amino acids in the Bird's Nest, hence depleting the nutrients from it.
- Do not use any substance. Many people use alcohol and other chemicals. This is not necessary. In addition, depend on the chemical used, it could either deplete Edible Bird's Nest of nutrients and/or ruin its delicate taste. Clean COLD water is best for soaking and cleaning Bird's Nest.
- Soaking time should not be too long, preferably under 4 hours or until Bird's Nest is soft
2. How to store Edible Bird's Nest
If not cooked immediately after cleaning, squeeze dry, place in a clean container with a lid and refrigerate. Edible Bird's Nest will stay fresh for about 1 week. If you need to store Bird's Nest for longer period, then air dry with a fan, avoid exposure to sunlight, and store in an air tight container in a dry place at room temperature.
Even though Edible Bird's Nest is very nutritious, it is not a miracle drug and does NOT stay fresh forever. Unlike wine or cheese, Bird's Nest does NOT get better with age. Dried Bird's Nest is good for a few years under the proper storage conditions, however, like everything else, Bird's Nest starts breaking down if you wait too long. It will be less nutritious and delicious if stored for a long time. Hence, you should use it as soon as possible. It is better to use a little everyday and regularly rather than large amounts sporadically. Do NOT eat expired/spoiled/moldy Edible Bird's Nest!
3. Best time to consume Bird's Nest
Even though there has not been any scientific studies regarding the optimal time to consume Bird's Nest, many people believe that the best time to eat Bird's Nest is in the evening before bedtime. This is because the concentration of growth hormone is peaked within 1 hour of falling asleep. Thus, the body can make the most effective use of nutrients such as proteins, amino acids and minerals during this time for development.
In addition, Edible Bird's Nest is considered as a tonic. Ideally, it should be consumed before meals to allow the body to better absorb its nutrients. As mentioned earlier, it is better to use a little everyday and regularly rather than large amounts sporadically.
4. Who can use Edible Bird's Nest
Edible Bird's Nest is a good supplement for growing children. From a biological standpoint, Edible Bird's Nest contains proteins, amino acids and minerals that are essential for healthy development. It can help boost the body’s immune system and increase resistance to external environmental factors.
It is recommended that seniors use Bird's Nest to maintain and enhance their health. Edible Bird's Nest can be used to stimulate the appetite, improve digestion and stimulate bowel movement.
Pregnant women in their first trimester and infants should NOT use Bird's Nest. ***Edible Bird's Nest may cause allergic reactions in certain individuals, do exercise caution when consuming for the first time.*** Also, according to traditional eastern medicine, Bird's Nest is contraindicated for people with obesity, cold extremeties, gout and irritable bowel syndrome.
Hello Nest - leading Edible Bird’s Nest supplier in the US and No. 1 on Amazon - is the best choice for your family!
Any questions or need advice about edible bird’s nest, please contact 612-227-3769 for assistance.